NEW – DWRC Undergraduate Water Research Internship Program
The 2018 Application Deadline is: Friday April 6, 2018 by 5:00 pm
With support from the Water Resources Research Act (WRRA) and the U.S. Geological Survey, the University of Delaware Water Resources Center (DWRC) is recruiting undergraduate students to be accepted to the 2018 water resources research internship program. The DWRC is placing special emphasis on the critical water issues of the day in Delaware including riverine/coastal flooding, surface/ground water contamination (algal blooms and PFOAs), and water governance, policy, and economics and the following priority topics:
- Eligibility: Undergraduate students enrolled at any institution of higher learning in the State of Delaware may apply, except those graduating at the end of the spring semester. All students must have the support of a faculty advisor and a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Program Details and Deadlines: The DWRC will provide a $3,000 fellowship per undergraduate intern, paid as hours worked at $10 per hour, up to a maximum of 300 hours. Internship projects may start in the summer or September 2018 and can be funded through the end of the Spring 2019 semester with a final report and poster submitted in April 2019. Interns are also required to participate in a poster session at an undergraduate research conference in the spring. Contact faculty, reach an agreement to work together, and identify your topic to investigate. Faculty may not advise more than two interns concurrently and must provide matching funds consistent with DWRC guidelines, usually by committing a percentage of their time to the intern’s project.
The online application must be accompanied by a copy of student’s unofficial transcript, resume mentioning any special skills or experiences such as prior internships, research or education projects, laboratory or technical experiences, and a brief description (1-2 pages) of the research or education project proposed for this internship. Interns will be selected by the DWRC Advisory Panel in early April 2018.
- Requirements: Applicants must email the application and attachments listed below as a single PDF file with your name by Friday April 6, 2018 5:00 pm to: Martha Narvaez, Policy Scientist, firstname.lastname@example.org or 302-831-4931.
- Your UNOFFICIAL transcript.
- Your current class schedule and plans for Winter Session (taking classes; studying abroad; not on campus…)
- Your resume with special skills or experiences such as prior internships, research projects or lab assistance experience.
- A brief statement about your area of expertise or interest that relates to water resource management.
Students, contact potential advisors directly to develop a project idea. Check back as these projects will be updated as new project ideas are received by the DWRC. If you have questions contact: Martha (Corrozi) Narvaez at email@example.com or 302-831-4931.
Meet our Undergraduate Students – Past and Present