Our goal is to sharpen the focus of our public service and provide water policy assistance to governments in Delaware, New Castle County, Wilmington, and Newark. This public service role is significant to the mission of the Biden School of Public Policy & Administration the University of Delaware’s public policy school. UDWRC receives support from governments to provide water-resources assistance to the public with regard to water supply, water quality, and watershed planning and management.
Our public service areas include a regional, intergovernmental approach for water management since watersheds and aquifers cross many political jurisdictions. The University of Delaware Water Resource Center is involved in collaborative watershed-based programs throughout the state of Delaware and the Mid-Atlantic region. Please learn more about our public service role in protecting and preserving Delaware’s waters.
- Brandywine Shad 2020
- Christina Basin Clean Water Partnership
- Citizens Guide to Water Resources in Delaware
- Climate Bonds: Wave of the Future?
- Delaware Clean Water Alliance
- Delaware Dam Safety Program
- Delaware Equitable Planning for Local Adaptation Needs | DE-PLANs
- Delaware MS4 Stormwater Consortium
- Delaware Source Water Assessment and Protection Program (SWAPP)
- Delaware Water Supply Coordinating Council (WSCC)
- Floodplain/Stormwater Management
- New Castle County NPDES MS4 Stormwater Permit
- New Castle County Water Resource Protection Area Program (WRPA)
- Newark Department of Public Works and Water Department
- Southern New Castle County Priority Watershed Strategy
- Tributary Action Teams
- Vision for the Rivers: Governor’s Task Force on the Future of the Brandywine and Christina Rivers (Oct 11, 1994)
- Water Rate Surveys
- Water Supply and Water Demand Forecasts
- White Clay Creek Wild and Scenic River Program
- Wilmington Department of Public Works
UDWRC staff and students take leadership roles in the following organizations and programs.
- American Water Resources Association (AWRA)
- Delaware Chapter of the American Water Resources Association (DE AWRA)
- University of Delaware Student Chapter of AWRA
- Nonpoint Education for Municipal Officials (NEMO)
- Source Water Assessment & Protection Program (SWAPP)
- Sustainable Coastal Communities Initiative (SCCI)